Employer: Paul’s Autocare
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: ProVQ Training Centre, Shropshire
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician
About the Employer
We are a Family run garage in Shrewsbury carrying a range of tyres, service parts & batteries
At Pauls Autocare we have over 60 years family experience going back 3 generations in the motor trade, so whether you have a brand new vehicle or a 1960’s classic we can cater for all your needs.
We started off in 2011 as a mobile based business operating in Shropshire and Mid Wales providing a vehicle repair and maintenance service to peoples homes or place of work.
The three-year apprenticeship is designed to ensure our team are equipped to meet the demands of customer’s and, keep up to date with ever evolving vehicle technology.
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills.
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices.
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately.
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment.
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers.
- Service and maintain without supervision.
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification.
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) qualification and be a fully qualified light vehicle technician.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship, is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of training (over 3 years) at the ProVQ training centre. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the “Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)”
Unit 7H Centurion Trade Park,