Employer: SLM Norwich
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: Toyota/Lexus Academy
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Service Advisor
About the Employer
Welcome to your local Toyota Service Centre. We’re here to offer professional, competitively priced after care services and help you meet your motoring needs.
The role of a Service advisor is vital to the smooth running of the aftersales department. As a key member of the team, the service advisor co-ordinates the movements of customer vehicles through the centre, liaises with customers and the service team, and co-ordinates utilisation of the work shop.
- Using systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
- Using a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport. Understanding determines customer needs and expectations whilst achieving positive engagement and delivery.
- Understanding the difference between internal and external customers.
- Knowing the internal policies and procedures, including any complaints processes and digital media policies that are relevant to you and your organisation.
- Understanding the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt your style to be highly effective.
- Understanding your role and responsibilities within your organisation and the impact of your actions and others.
- Knowing the targets and goals you need to deliver against.
Your apprenticeship will last approximately 2 years
A competent Service Adviser has many transferable skills, and there maybe the opportunity to progress within the company
No formal qualifications are required but you must be literate and numerate. Modern logistic support processes and systems are highly complex, and you must have a desire to become a first-rate Service Advisor. You should also be prepared to learn Maths and English, with a specific emphasis on the industry if not already held.
You should be;
- Computer literate
- Well organised
- Ability to deal with different types of customers
- Good listener
- Team player
- Willing to study hard
Training to be provided
Your apprenticeship will last approximately two years, working towards achieving the customer service practitioner standard. During this time, you will attended block release training at the Toyota/Lexus Academy in Burnaston for 6 weeks. For the remaining weeks you will be working full time in a retail centre.
The Apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 6 weeks of residential training (over 2 years) at the Toyota/Lexus Academy. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to work as a customer service adviser.
Apprentices stay at the Mercure hotel near Burton.
All travel and accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Academy.