Employer: Motorline Toyota
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: Toyota/Lexus Academy
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician
About the Employer
Working as an Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician at one of the many Toyota dealerships, you will be learning the skills required to become a fully skilled Technician. Working on a variety of vehicles (including hybrids) to Toyota’s high standards.
Vacancy Title: Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician
As one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers, Toyota is committed to retaining its position at the forefront of the industry, by attracting bright, enthusiastic individuals, to provide technical support to our expanding dealer network.
The comprehensive three year apprenticeship is designed specifically to ensure Toyota’s dealer network is equipped to meet the demands of customer’s and, keep up to date with ever evolving vehicle technology.
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills.
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices.
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately.
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment.
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers.
- Service and maintain without supervision.
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification.
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) qualification, and be a fully qualified light vehicle technician.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology, and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship, is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 23 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at the Toyota/Lexus Academy, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the “Apprenticeship Standard in Automotive Retail Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)”
Apprentices stay at the Mercure hotel near Burton.
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Academy.