Employer: Mason Kings
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: John Deere Training Centre, Radcliffe on Trent
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Turf Technician
About the Employer
We are the South West’s leading John Deere dealership, providing premium products and support. Our 3 branches are located in Exebridge (Somerset), Chudleigh (Devon) and St Columb (Cornwall).
We specialise in a high standard of service for sales and product support to all customers whether agricultural, horticultural, leisure or domestic.
- Over 30 years experience in the industry
- Family-run business with passionate teams
- Providing premium products from leading manufacturers in the agricultural and turf industries
- Premium product support from our fully-trained and specialist technicians
- Proud to offer apprenticeship opportunities across the South West
- Vacancy description
With the emphasis firmly on Grounds care machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls, utilising the very latest John Deere diagnostic equipment. Engineering is a practical subject and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include;
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components.
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field.
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed.
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression.
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintaining a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner.
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Following all safety rules and regulations.
- You will learn to use the very latest John Deere equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast developing, high-tech industry.
Training to be provided
Like all apprenticeships, your programme will combine paid employment with training, leading to a nationally recognised and valued qualification (Level 3, Land Based Service Engineering Technician qualification). You will work at P. Tuckwell Ltd. but also spend time at the John Deere Apprentice Training Centre and at John Deere’s Head Office, both near Nottingham.
You are supported by a designated Assessor and by your employer, gaining valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan, with progress monitored by your Assessor who will make regular visits for on the job guidance
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the training centre.
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Have a practical ability
- A logical thinker
- A good listener
- A team player
- Willing to work and study hard
Ideally you will have, or be predicted, good GCSE grades in English, Maths and Science (or equivalent qualifications) although these are not essential. You must however be literate and numerate.