Employer: Enterprise Sheffield
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: ProVQ Training Centre, Atcham
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Technician
About the Employer
Enterprise Holdings is a family-owned, world-class portfolio of brands. A global network that covers more than 90 countries, with 100,000 dedicated team members, and more than 1.9 million vehicles taking customers wherever they want or need to go. Any way you want to think about it, we lead the transportation service industry.
How did we get here? The fact is, we owe our success to each and every one of our people. That’s why we empower everyone on our team with opportunities for promotion and growth. Our mission, along with our uncompromising commitment to customers, has made Enterprise a genuine success story and a truly special place to work.
If you have an interest in motor vehicle technology, this is your opportunity to kick start your career. If successful, you will be employed at the Enterprise Centre listed above.
As an Apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced Technician, maintaining and repairing customer’s vehicles, reporting to the Centre Manager.
The job will involve the service, diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of vehicles to very high industry standards.
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills.
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices.
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately.
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment.
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers.
- Service and maintain without supervision.
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification.
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship standard Motor vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3 qualification and be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician.
Benefits for working for Enterprise
- £5 per hour + £200 tool kit
- Life insurance
- Health cover
- Pension (terms and conditions apply)
- Annual pay increase *review based on performance
- 99% of promotions are internal
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
Desired skills & Qualities
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at the Atcham Training Centre. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification from working with some highly skilled professionals.
While taking part in the residential training, Apprentices stay at a local hotel in the heart of the buzzing town of Telford.
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Training Centre.
1 Lawrence Street