Employer: Vantage Toyota York
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: Toyots/Lexus Academy
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Vehicle Technician
About the Employer
Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd is the United Kingdom manufacturing operation of Toyota, established in 1989. With their committed respect for people and continuous improvement, they are committed to helping our employees and the staff within our dealer network get the best out of the company and each other. Working across both the Toyota and Lexus brands, they believe our passionate, enthusiastic and talented people are key to our continuing success.
With over 170 dealerships across the UK, Toyota is one of the leading motor vehicle manufacturers and the sales performance over the past decade has consolidated the UK’s position as one of Toyota’s strongest European markets.
If you have an interest in motor vehicle technology, this is your opportunity to kick start your career.
You will work alongside an experienced Technician, maintaining & repairing customer’s vehicles, reporting to the Centre Manager.
The job will involve the service, diagnosis & repair of a wide variety of Toyota vehicles to very high standards
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills.
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices.
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately.
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment.
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers.
- Service and maintain without supervision.
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification.
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship standard Motor vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3 qualification and be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
Desired skills & Qualities
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at the Toyota/Lexus Academy. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification from working with some highly skilled professionals.
While taking part in the residential training, Apprentices stay at the Mercure Hotel near Burton, a town full of history.
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Training Centre.
Clifton Moor Gate