Employer: Magna Motor Co. – Salisbury Mitsubishi
Learning Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Contracted Provider: ProVQ Ltd
Learning Delivery Site: Cirencester or Atcham
Vacancy Description – Apprentice Vehicle Technician
About the Employer
The origin of Mitsubishi goes back to 1870, when the founder, Yataro Iwasaki, started a shipping firm with three aging steamships. Yataro’s brother, son and nephew expanded the business into various fields during their respective terms as president and set the foundation of the Mitsubishi companies.
Working as an Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician at one of the many Mitsubishi dealerships, you will be learning the skills required to become a fully skilled Technician. Working on a variety of vehicles (including hybrids) to Mitsubishi’s high standards.
If you have an interest in motor vehicle technology, this is your opportunity to kick start your career.
You will work alongside an experienced Technician, maintaining & repairing customer’s vehicles, reporting to the Centre Manager.
The job will involve the service, diagnosis & repair of a wide variety of Mitsubishi vehicles to very high standards
Duties will include;
- Carrying out foundation tasks common to all service and repair procedures, such as, removing and replacing bolts, screws, clips, seals and fasteners, sometimes using cutting, drilling, filing and other fabrication skills.
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the company’s Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and following standardised workshop practices.
- Accessing information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information, then applying the information appropriately.
- Using complex diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring equipment.
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to quality standards prior to handing over to customers.
- Service and maintain without supervision.
- Removing, repairing/replacing components to manufacturer’s specification.
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles, and logical problem-solving techniques, using diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to identify mechanical and electrical faults.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship standard Motor vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3 qualification and be a fully qualified Light Vehicle Technician.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn. You must possess a genuine interest in motor vehicle technology and have practical ability to become a first-rate technician.
Desired skills & Qualities
You should be;
- Technically minded
- Able to think logically
- A good listener
- Able to follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
Training to be provided
The Apprenticeship is a great way of joining our winning team. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with 24 weeks of residential training (over 3 years) at either the Mitsubishi Academy or the Atcham Training Centre. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification from working with some highly skilled professionals.
While taking part in the residential training, Apprentices stay at the Riverside hotel in Cirencester, which is located within Mitsubishi’s head office, along with the Training Academy, or at the Park Inn Telford, if Attending Atcham.
All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer, whilst attending the Training Centre.