The Autocare Technician carries out a range of services and repairs to cars and light goods vehicles. Requiring a combination of technical and customer service skills, demonstrating expertise not only in the technical elements of their role, but also telephone communication, customer handling, sales skills, problem solving and self-organisation.
With over 100 Centres, Protyre is one of the UK’s largest independent chains of fast fit and mechanical centres. An Autocare Technician Apprentice plays a vital role in the automotive industry. Customers need to know their vehicle can be worked on, quickly, efficiently and to the highest standards. As a Protyre Apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced team, maintaining and repairing customer’s vehicles.
Duties will include;
Duties will include working with
- Vehicle systems including steering & suspension, braking systems, battery & charging systems, exhaust systems and Air-Conditioning systems, 4-wheel geometry and Hybrid/Electric Vehicle system and safe working procedures
- Understanding basic consumer legislation relevant to the occupation
- Following Health & Safety requirements for the workplace
- Identifying customer & vehicle needs and presenting solutions
- Contributing to the overall results of the business and demonstrating commercial awareness
- Carrying out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance using manufacturers specifications
- Dealing with routine stock deliveries, placing stock into storage, carrying out stock rotation duties and ordering parts for customers following company procedures
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain a Autocare Technician Level 2 standard qualification.
You should be:
- Technically minded
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Willing to study
- A team player
- Able to work in a busy, fast moving environment
Ideally, you will have, or be predicted to gain, good GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths, although these are not essential. However, you must be literate and numerate.
Training to be provided
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the Atcham Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
Please Note: Off the job training is on a residential basis. Apprentices stay at the International Hotel in the heart of Telford. All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer
Scarisbrick New Road