With the emphasis firmly on plant machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical service, maintenance and repair of Wirtgen machines at both customer sites and in the workshop. Engineering is a practical subject, and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include;
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills, knowledge and processes whilst under the instruction of an experienced engineer and mentor.
- To work mainly in our Workshop in Newark, but also to spend some time on Customer Sites with experienced Field Technicians
- To be able to demonstrate and apply these skills, knowledge and processes as the apprenticeship progresses by working individually or as part of team and gradually increasing the contribution to the demands of the Workshop
- To learn and understand the importance of working in a safe and healthy manner at all times.
- To learn and understand the importance of working to a high standard of quality and professionalism in everything we do.
- To learn the importance of meeting customer requirements and understanding the impact of your role on the customer.
- To perform service, maintenance and repair tasks in line with level of skills and knowledge.
- Learns to complete relevant reports and paperwork
- To undertake and successfully complete the necessary academic qualifications ultimately achieving a level 3 qualification.
- To attend the ProVQ training centre with other Wirtgen and John Deere apprentices in 2 week blocks, staying overnight in a hotel during the week
- To act in a professional manner at all times whilst working at the Wirtgen site, at customer sites or at the training centre.
- To maintain an accurate, up to date and well presented log book during the apprenticeship, recording projects undertaken and the skills and knowledge learned
- Assists other Technicians as needed
- Salary to start at £7 per hour
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship standard Land Based Service Engineering Technician Level 3 qualification.
-Vehicles are highly complex so you must have a genuine interest in vehicle technology with a desire to learn.
-You must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (grades 4-9), which include English, Maths and a science subject.
-You must be open minded and able to adapt to new ways of working and learning, practical, logical, able to listen, follow instructions and be willing to study, good IT skills,
-Able to work as part of a busy, fast moving team and demonstrate reliability.
Training to be provided
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
Please Note: Off the job training is on a residential basis. Apprentices stay at the Park Inn Hotel, Nottingham. All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer
Wirtgen Group House,