With the emphasis firmly on Groundscare, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls utilising the very latest diagnostic equipment. Engineering is a practical subject, and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include;
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components.
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field.
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed.
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression.
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintaining a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner.
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Following all safety rules and regulations.
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Apprenticeship standard Land Based Service Engineering Technician Level 3 qualification.
Vehicles are highly complex, and whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn, and a genuine interest in vehicle technology.
You should be;
Technically minded, practical, logical, able to listen, follow instructions and be willing to study
Able to work as part of a busy, fast moving team
Training to be provided
With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
Please Note: Off the job training is on a residential basis. Apprentices stay at the Park Inn Hotel, Nottingham. All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by the employer
Monckton Road Industrial Estate