Apprentice Plant Technician
With the focus on our road construction and mineral crushing and screening machines you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of plant based engineering applications including servicing, maintenance and complex machine overhaul and repair.
This is a very practical apprenticeship, engineering is about making things work, stopping machines from breaking down and fixing them when they don’t work! You will learn a wide range of practical engineering skills using our very latest equipment and working on state of the art Wirtgen machines in order to gain the important skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in a constantly developing high-tech industry. Our Plant Technician apprentices are trained in engineering, electronics, hydraulics’ and diagnostics. Importantly our apprentices will learn how to apply this knowledge when servicing and repairing our machines along with vital communication, customer and team working skills.
What we will offer you:
- 8 weeks training each year in 2 week blocks for 3 years at the John Deere Training Centre in Nottingham
- Practical skills and knowledge gained whilst working in our Workshop including servicing, fault diagnosis and preparing new machines for customers
- Our apprentices will also spend some time on Customer sites with an experienced Field Technician repairing or servicing machines and learning valuable customer service skills
- You will achieve a Land-Based Engineering Technician level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- We believe it’s important our apprentices gain an understanding of other functions and will therefore spend a short amount of time working in customer services, sales and other areas.
What we require from you:
- GCSE level 4 or above in English and Maths
- To be prepared to stay away from home with other apprentices in a local hotel during the offsite training (note: this will be properly supervised)
- To have a strong commitment to learning, to be open minded and adapt to new ways of working
- To always behave in a way which is consistent with our values
Your learning and development at Wirtgen doesn’t stop when you’re apprenticeship stops. Using our Group’s expertise and training programmes you can continue to build your technical capability to a high level of expertise.
Interested? Great. Click on the apply now link on this page, tell us about yourself and we’ll be in touch.